Camp Marshalltown Day Camp
Special Needs Day Camp
This camp is uniquely designed for school age kids in the Marshall County area, (ages 5 to 21, if still in high school) who have intellectual and / or developmental disabilities, such as downs syndrome, cerebral palsy, autism, OCD, or many others. Camp Marshalltown is held at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
A variety of activities are planned throughout the summer, including:
- swimming at the Aquatic Center, on Mondays and Fridays of each week (participants must bring swimsuit, towel, etc.)
- card and board games
- field trip every Wednesday
- outside games and physical activities in the gym
Week 1: June 14 - 18
Week 2: June 21 - 25
Week 3: June 28 - July 2
Week 4: July 6 - 9
Week 5: July 12 - 16
Week 6: July 19 - 23
Week 7: July 26 - 30
Week 8: August 2 - 6
Registration Form (5-17 years old) (this form is fillable. Please save the document to your computer and open it to fill out)
To submit the form please email it to email@example.com.
Registration Form (18-21 years old) (this form is fillable. Please save the document to your computer and open it to fill out)
To submit the form please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org..
A 1 staff to 4 participant ratio is provided by staff certified in medication, CPR and First Aid. Lunch is provided through the school summer lunch program, when available. Participants must bring their lunch when school lunches are not provided. This program is made possible, in part, with funding through Marshall County ARC and United Way.
- Parents must bring swim attire, towel etc. on Tuesdays & Thursdays for afternoon swimming.
- Days: Monday through Friday
- Time: 9:00 am - 5:00pm
- Location: Veterans Memorial Coliseum (West entrance)
- Cost: $30 per week - must be paid by 4:30 pm on the Thursday prior to week attending to avoid a $5 late fee
- Early drop-off: $5 (8:00 am to 9:00 am)
- Pick up by 5:00 pm to avoid a $5 late pick up fee
Follow our Marshalltown Parks and Recreation Department Facebook page for the latest notices, updates or cancellations.