Camp Marshalltown Day Camp
Special Needs Day Camp
This camp is uniquely designed for school age kids in the Marshall County area, (ages 5 to 21, if still in high school) who have intellectual and / or developmental disabilities, such as downs syndrome, cerebral palsy, autism, OCD, or many others. Camp Marshalltown is held at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum, 20 West State Street, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
A variety of activities are planned throughout the summer, including:
- swimming at the Marshalltown Family Aquatic Center, on Tuesdays and Thursdays of each week
(participants must bring swimsuit, towel, etc.)
- card and board games
- field trip every Wednesday
- outside games and physical activities in the gym
|Week 1||June 12 - 16||$40|
|Week 2||June 19 - 23||$40||Thursday, June 15th|
|Week 3||June 26 - 30||$40||Thursday, June 22nd|
|Week 4||July 3 - 7||$32||Thursday, June 29th|
|Week 5||July 10 - 14||$40||Thursday, July 6th|
|Week 6||July 17 - 21||$40||Thursday, July 13th|
|Week 7||July 24 - 28||$40||Thursday, July 20th|
|Week 8||July 31 - August 5||$40||Thursday, July 27th|
Registration Form (this form is fillable. Please save the fully completed registration form to your computer and open it to fill out). Paper copies are available in the Park & Rec office.
Email the fully completed registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org, or return to the Park & Rec office.
Each Wednesday Special Activities are a fun and exciting part of Camp Marshalltown!
A 1 staff to 4 participant ratio is provided by staff certified in medication, CPR and First Aid. Lunch is provided through the school summer lunch program, when available. Participants must bring their lunch when school lunches are not provided. This program is made possible, in part, with funding through Marshall County ARC and United Way.
- Parents must bring swim attire, towel etc. on Tuesdays & Thursdays for afternoon swimming.
- Days: Monday through Friday
- Time: 9:00 am - 4:00pm
- Location: Veterans Memorial Coliseum (West entrance, 20 West State Street)
- Cost: $40 per week -must be paid by 4:30 pm on the Thursday prior to week attending to avoid a $10 late fee
- Early drop-off: $5 (8:00 am to 9:00 am)
- Pick up by 4:00 pm to avoid a $5 late pick up fee
Follow our Marshalltown Parks and Recreation Department Facebook page for the latest notices, updates or cancellations.