Camp Marshalltown Day Camp
Special Needs Day Camp
This camp is uniquely designed for school age kids in the Marshall County area, (ages 5 to 21, if still in high school) who have intellectual and / or developmental disabilities, such as downs syndrome, cerebral palsy, autism, OCD, or many others. Camp Marshalltown is held at the Veterans Memorial Coliseum from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
A variety of activities are planned throughout the summer, including:
- swimming at the Aquatic Center, on Tuesdays and Thursdays of each week (participants must bring swimsuit, towel, etc.)
- card and board games
- field trip every Wednesday
- outside games and physical activities in the gym
|Week 1||June 13 - 17||$40|
|Week 2||June 20 - 24||$40||Thursday, June 16th|
|Week 3||June 27 - July 1||$40||Thursday, June 23rd|
|Week 4||July 5 - 8||$32||Thursday, June 30th|
|Week 5||July 11 - 15||$40||Thursday, July 7th|
|Week 6||July 18 - 22||$40||Thursday, July 14th|
|Week 7||July 25 - 29||$40||Thursday, July 21st|
|Week 8||August 1 - 5||$40||Thursday, July 28th|
Registration Form (this form is fillable. Please save the document to your computer and open it to fill out)
To submit the form please email it to email@example.com.
Each Wednesday Special Activities are a fun and exciting part of Camp Marshalltown!
|Palmer Family Fun|
|Blank Park Zoo|
|Neal Smith Wildlife Refuge|
|Phelps Youth Pavilion|
|Bluedorn Science Imaginarium|
A 1 staff to 4 participant ratio is provided by staff certified in medication, CPR and First Aid. Lunch is provided through the school summer lunch program, when available. Participants must bring their lunch when school lunches are not provided. This program is made possible, in part, with funding through Marshall County ARC and United Way.
- Parents must bring swim attire, towel etc. on Tuesdays & Thursdays for afternoon swimming.
- Days: Monday through Friday
- Time: 9:00 am - 4:00pm
- Location: Veterans Memorial Coliseum (West entrance)
- Cost: $40 per week -must be paid by 4:30 pm on the Thursday prior to week attending to avoid a $10 late fee
- Early drop-off: $5 (8:00 am to 9:00 am)
- Pick up by 4:00 pm to avoid a $5 late pick up fee
Follow our Marshalltown Parks and Recreation Department Facebook page for the latest notices, updates or cancellations.