Camp Marshalltown Day Camp
Special Needs Day Camp
This camp is uniquely designed for school age kids in the Marshall County area, (ages 5 to 21, if still in high school) who have intellectual and / or developmental disabilities, such as downs syndrome, cerebral palsy, autism, ODD, OCD, or many others. Camp Marshalltown meets at the Miller Middle School from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
A variety of activities are planned throughout the summer, including:
- swimming at the Aquatic Center, each Monday & Friday of each week (participants must bring swimsuit, towel, etc. each Monday & Friday)
- bowling, each Tuesday afternoon
- card and board games
- field trips, each Wednesday
- outside games and physical activity
June 17 - 21
June 24 - 28
No Camp July 1 - 5
July 8 - 12
July 15 - 19
July 22 - 26
July 29 - August 2
Enrollment, Early Drop-Off, Late Pick-Up & Fees
Camp Marshalltown Enrollment Forms are for ages 5 - 17 and ages 18 - 21. Pay the weekly enrollment $30 fee by 4:30 pm Thursday of the preceding week attending to avoid a $5 late payment fee. Early Drop-Off is available from 8 am to 9 pm for a $5 fee. Pick Up time is by 5:00 pm to avoid a $5 late fee for every 15 minutes later than 5:00 pm.
A 1 staff to 4 participant ratio is provided by staff certified in medication, CPR and First Aid. Lunch is provided through the school summer lunch program, when available. Participants must bring their lunch when school lunches are not provided. This program is made possible, in part, with funding through Marshall County ARC and United Way.
- Parents must bring swim attire, towel etc. on Mondays & Friday for afternoon swimming.
- Camp days are Monday through Friday
- Start Time: 9 a.m.
- Early drop-off (8 a.m. to 9 a.m.) with an additional $5 fee paid in advance
- Weekly cost is $30 per (includes a t-shirt)
- Pick up Time is by 5 p.m. (to avoid a $5 late pick up fee)
- Enrollment fee must be paid by 4:30 p.m. on Thursdays to avoid a $5 late enrollment fee.
- Location of camp is Miller Middle School (West entrance)
- Enrollment packet available below and at the Parks and Recreation Office