Under the instruction of Master Mike Wickham, we are happy to offer Taekwondo classes! More than just kicking and punching, Taekwondo classes are structured for fun, education, self defense and fitness for anyone at almost any age! No uniform is required - wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing. USA Taekwondo guidelines will be used and testing is available to participants through Master Wickham. Follow Taekwondo on its Facebook page to find updates and unforeseen class changes.
- Days: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights
- Beginner (White & Yellow Belts)
- Intermediate/Advanced (Orange belt & above)
- Beginner: 6:30 - 7:30pm
- Intermediate/Advanced: 7:30 - 8:30pm
- Location: Veterans Memorial Coliseum - 2nd Floor (Please use West Entrance)
- Ages: 7 years and older
- Cost: $60 per session
Register Online by 4:30pm on the first day of class to avoid a $20 late payment fee.
2022 Session Dates
Session 1: January 10 to February14 Session 2: February 15 to March 22 Session 3: March 24 to April 28
Session 4: May 2 to June 7 (except Memorial Day, 5/30)
Session 5: June 13 to July 19
Session 6: July 25 to August 29
Session 7: August 30 to October 6 (except Labor Day, 9/5)
Session 8: October 10 to November 14
Session 9: November 15 to December 22 (except Thanksgiving, 11/24)
2023 Session Dates
Session 1: January 9 to February13
Session 2: February 14 to March 21
Session 3: March 23 to April 27
Session 4: May 1 to June 6 (except Memorial Day, 5/29)
Session 5: June 8 to July 18
Session 6: July 20 to August 24
Session 7: August 28 to October 3 (except Labor Day, 9/4)
Session 8: October 5 to November 9
Session 9: November 13 to December 19 (except Thanksgiving, 11/23)
Register Online to join any session. Register by 4:30 pm on the first day of class to avoid a $20 late fee.
Weather Related Cancellations
- When Marshalltown Schools are cancelled or released early due to weather there are no evening youth activities.
- Follow our Marshalltown Parks and Recreation Department Facebook page for notices, updates or cancellations.