Live Healthy Iowa Kids Track Meet
DUE TO COVID-19 THE LOCAL AND STATE TRACK MEET HAVE BEEN CANCELLED FOR 2020!
Local Marshalltown Meet to Qualify for the State Meet
Saturday, June 13th, 2020
This is a free event! The Live Healthy Iowa Kids Track Championship is a state-wide track meet divided by gender and ages (ages 7 - 14 as of December 31, 2020).
Wednesday, May 13th, 2020
- Time: 5:00 pm
- Check In: 4:30 pm
- Location: MHS Track
- Cost: FREE
- Online Pre-registration is required until 10:00 pm
Tuesday, May 12, 2020!
- If needed, a computer is available in Parks and Recreation office to assist pre-registration between 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.
- No on-site registration will be available.
Follow the Marshalltown Parks and Recreation Department Facebook page, local radio stations (AM 1230-KFJB, FM 101.1-KIX, AM 1090-KDAO or FM99.5-KDAO) or call (641) 754-5715 option 2 for updates, or click “Notify Me” to enroll and receive weather related notifications or cancellations via text or email of your choosing.
|7 & 8 yr. olds||9 & 10 yr. olds||11 & 12 yr. olds||13 & 14 yr. olds|
|50 m dash||50 m dash||100 m dash||100 m dash|
|100 m dash||100 m dash||200 m dash||200 m dash|
|200 m dash||200 m dash||400 m run||400 m run|
|4 x 100 relay||400 m run||800 m run||800 m run|
|Standing Long Jump||4 x 100 relay||4 x 100 relay||1600 m run|
|Softball Throw||Standing Long Jump||Standing Long Jump||4 x 100 relay|
|Softball Throw||Softball Throw||Standing Long Jump|
A 50 meter and 100 meter Kids Fun Run is offered for youth under age 7! Other events include:
- Participants may register for 3 events (2 running & 1 field events or 2 field events & 1 running). Relays do not count as a running event.
- First place finishers in each local event automatically qualify for the state meet held in Marshalltown Saturday, June 13th, 2020.
- Qualifiers participating in the state meet must show the Parks and Recreation Office the child’s birth certificate by May 31 to participate in the state meet.
If you are unable to participate at the local Marshalltown meet, alternate locations may be found at the Live Healthy Iowa Kids Track Championship website .
State Meet Information
State Live Healthy Iowa Kids Track Championship is an annual event and will be held in Marshalltown on Saturday, June 22nd, 2019. This meet, as part of the Iowa Sports Foundation (ISF) network, is excited to partner with Marshalltown Parks and Recreation to continue the tradition of offering a grassroots state-wide track and field event where all children may participate, free of charge. Local meet directors submit local qualifiers eligible for this meet to the state office.
The Live Healthy Iowa Kids Track Championship extends the mission of ISF to provide recreation opportunities for all Iowans. The Iowa Sports Foundation has a website specific to the Live Healthy Iowa Kids Track Championship.
- Weather protocol - In case of inclement weather, please be sure to check the options below for updates. There will ONLY be an update posted if it’s cancelled or delayed. If we plan to run as scheduled, there will be no update provided:
- Marshalltown Parks and Recreation Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/MarshalltownParksandRecreation/
- Live Healthy Iowa Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/livehealthyiowa/
- Iowa Games Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/IowaGames/
- Marshalltown Cancellation Hotline: 641-754-7515, ext 2
2020 State Track Meet Information
2020 State Track Order of Events
2020 Running Events Final Results
2020 Field Events Final Results
View the Live Healthy Iowa Kids Track Championship website. Organizers must register their qualifying local meet by March 1, 2020.
Events Offered & Rules
- The state meet will be in Marshalltown on a
Saturday, in June 13th, 2020. All first place finishers at each local meet automatically qualify, however, local meet organizers must first verify birth certificates and enter each person who will be participating in the state meet.
- Age groups are as of December 31, 2020. athletes may compete in only one local meet.
- No spikes or starting blocks may be used.
- There are separate girls and boys divisions in each age group.
- Relays will not count as one of the three events allowed: every age group may participate in a relay besides the other three events allowed (two running and one field event or one running and two field events).
Weather Related Cancellations
- Follow our Marshalltown Parks and Recreation Department Facebook page for notices, updates or cancellations.
Contact the Marshalltown Parks and Recreation if you have any questions at (641) 754-5715 ext 3 or email@example.com.