One of the most important roles of the Mayor and City Council is to provide a vision for the future of the City. To do this, the City's elected officials and management staff meet each year for a facilitated strategic planning session to review the City's goals and objectives and formulate actions to help achieve those goals and objectives in the coming years.
The 2022-2023 Strategic Plan was adopted in February 2022. The activities and policies of the City of Marshalltown are directed at achieving the following goals:
- Goal 1: Expand and improve development in the community
- Goal 2: Enhance Marshalltown's public image
- Goal 3: Continually improve and sustain the City's organization and services
- Goal 4: Partner with citizens, for-profit, non-profit and other groups to improve quality of life
The City of Marshalltown collaborates to provide a welcoming, safe, vibrant, and growing community.
To achieve this mission, we place importance on the following values:
- Inclusiveness - working as one to deliver exceptional outcomes
- Innovation - willingness to take risks, looking to the future while respecting the past, progressing forward
- Stewardship - respecting the human, financial, and natural resources of the community
- Trust - establishing respectful relationships, being a caring community
- Excellence - striving for a common standard in everything we do