One of the most important roles of the Mayor and City Council is to provide a vision for the future of the City. To do this, the City's elected officials and management staff meet each year for a facilitated strategic planning session to review the City's goals and objectives and formulate actions to help achieve those goals and objectives in the coming years.
The activities and policies of the City of Marshalltown are directed at achieving the following goals:
- Goal 1: Expand and improve development in the community.
- Goal 2: Enhance Marshalltown's public image.
- Goal 3: Continually improve and sustain the City's infrastructure, organization, and services.
- Goal 4: Partner with citizens, for-profit, non-profit, and others to improve quality of life.
The 2022-2023 Strategic Plan was adopted in February 2022.
The 2023-2024 Strategic Plan was adopted in December 2022.
The City of Marshalltown collaborates to provide a welcoming, safe, vibrant, and growing community.
To achieve this mission, we place importance on the following values:
- Inclusiveness - working as one to deliver exceptional outcomes
- Innovation - willingness to take risks, looking to the future while respecting the past, progressing forward
- Stewardship - respecting the human, financial, and natural resources of the community
- Trust - establishing respectful relationships, being a caring community
- Excellence - striving for a common standard in everything we do