Children Under Age 9
Children under the age of 9 MUST be accompanied by an adult or a responsible person 15 years old or older ACTIVELY supervising them at all times both in and out of the water. Anyone wearing a personal float must be actively supervised by an adult at all times.
A one-time swim test is required for all youth under 14 who want to use the red drop slide or diving boards. Wristbands are required to use the diving boards and red drop slide. Wristbands are earned by a one-time deep-water swim test. Swimmers are required to successfully swim over and back in the deep end (diving well) using a front stroke or breast stroke. The test is administered by a lifeguard during the designated deep-water test times. The lifeguards’ decision is final. Wristbands can be obtained at the admission office daily.
Swimmers must be able to pass the deep water test. Swimmers who have passed the test must also be 48 inches tall to use the drop slide.
For All Slides
To utilize any slide, swimmers must be 48” tall. No exceptions! Adults may not take children down a slide with them. Only the single tubes provided by the Aquatic Center are permitted on the blue slide designated for tubes.
- Only one person may be on single tubes.
- Only two people may be on the double tubes and may only be used in the lazy river.
- No one may sit on another person on the tubes.
- Tubes will be in the hands of those in line for the slide, in the Lazy River, or placed in the tube corral, when not in use. Pool staff may direct people to give up tubes as they pass the end of the Lazy River to allow everyone to have a turn.
Patrons must ride on a tube to be in the Lazy River. Steps or ramp must be used to enter and exit the Lazy River. The Lazy River is 556 linear feet. 9.3 laps is equal to a mile.
Personal flotations like water wings, toddler floating seats, and noodles are permitted at staff discretion. No inner tube style floats or air mattresses are permitted.
Clothing & Jewelry
Proper swim attire must be worn as clearly defined by the Aquatic Center sign next to the admission office and on the website. Jewelry and swimwear with metal are not permitted. Management discretion is final.
A phone is available during pool hours for local calls only.
Lockers are available. Users must provide their own padlocks. Padlocks may be purchased at the admission window. The Aquatic Center is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Padlocks left on lockers after pool closing will be cut off.
Bicycles & Skateboards Racks
Bike racks are located in front and west of the Aquatic Center. A skateboard rack is inside the front gate of the Aquatic Center. No padlocks are provided.
Coolers / Food / Lawn Chairs
Outside food and beverages are strictly prohibited. A limited number of white deck chairs provided by the Aquatic Center will be present and must stay on the concrete. Lawn chairs may be brought.
A full concession with food, snacks and beverages and a beverage vending machine is available. All food items must be consumed in the concession area.
The Aquatic Center may close due to weather or temperatures below 67 degrees.
Posts will be made on the Marshalltown Parks and Recreation Facebook page and listen to local radio stations. Rain checks may be received.
Come & Go Passes
For patrons leaving the facility and come back the same day need to ask for a Come & Go Pass before leaving. The pass, with $1, allows same day re-entry to the pool.
Smoke & Alcohol Free
Aquatic Center grounds and parking areas are smoke and alcohol free. Smoking, including e-cigarettes, vaping, alcohol consumption or being under the influence of any substances is cause for ejection.
Water Walking/ Lap Swim Rules
- All who enter the facility must water walk or lap swim. No one allowed on deck.
- Children 10 – 13 years of age may participate with a participating adult. The adult must be participating in the same activity (i.e. child and adult must both water walk or lap swim).
- Participants wishing to swim must do so in the lap lanes area. Those in the lazy river must walk or jog. No swimming in the lazy river.
- Slower walkers must stay to the right side of the lazy river so faster water walkers can pass safely.
- Sessions will be cancelled due to severe weather. Light rain will not cancel a session.
- If the Center closes and will not reopen, there will not be an evening water walking, lap swimming.
- If the evening session is cancelled the information will be
- on the radio stations
- posted at the Aquatic Center admissions window
- posted on Facebook
- The Marshalltown Family Aquatic Center reserves the right to change any of these policies at any time should the need arise.