Comprehensive Plan 2030
The City of Marshalltown is required to maintain a Comprehensive Plan for the community. The Housing and Community Development Department is currently working with Stantec Consulting to complete an updated plan. The City received a State grant to fund 50% of the cost associated with the process.
A Comprehensive Plan is a guide used by community leaders to prepare for future growth and development needs. The process will take approximately 18 months to complete and will have several phases involving Citizens, committees and the Council.
Iowa Smart Planning Principles
The Plan will incorporate the Iowa Smart Planning Principles (PDF).
Final Plan (Approved by Council on November 12, 2012)
Resources and documents presented:
If you were unable to attend a public forum you may complete this fillable form online and either print it and return it to the planning office or submit it via email through the form. Be sure to select the appropriate email option based on the program you use. View the options (GIF).
Draft Chapters August 24, 2012
- Introduction Chapter (Draft) (PDF)
- Land Use and Community Design Chapter (Draft) (PDF)
- Housing Chapter (Draft) (PDF)
- Economic Development Chapter (Draft) (PDF)
- Parks and Trails Chapter (Draft) (PDF)
- Transportation Chapter (Draft) (PDF)
- Community Facilities (Draft) (PDF)
- Community Presentation September 19, 2012 (PDF)
- Steering Committee Presentation September 19, 2012 (PDF)
- November 2011 Comprehensive Plan Newsletter (PDF)
- January 2012 Draft Goals and Policies (PDF)
- March 2012 Public Presentation (PDF)
- Visual Preference Survey (PDF)
Photos of Process
For photos of the process check out the City of Marshalltown Facebook page. You must log in to Facebook to see the City page.
For additional information please contact Stephen Troskey - City Planner at 641-752-3154