The City of Marshalltown announced the volunteer board and commission members achieving milestone years of service levels at the City Council meeting Monday night. While there were not any individuals present in City Council Chambers to be honored for their years of service, Mayor Greer read through the list of names and positions at the beginning of the meeting. This included the following:
- John Mahlstede- Building Board of Appeals
- Kelli Thurston- Board of Adjustment
- Matt Tullis- Parks and Rec Advisory Board
- Mike Gowdy- Solid Waste Commission
- Merrill Price- Solid Waste Commission
- Jerry Young- Marshalltown Water Works Board
- Karen Shipley Cooper- Housing Appeals Board
- Mary Stevens- Civil Service Commission
- Allan Thoreson- Library Board
- Jon Boston- Planning & Zoning Commission
The Cable TV Advisory Board was dissolved in 2020, and we would like to recognize the City representatives serving on that Board: Deirdre Greundler and Mick Jurgensen.
The City would also like to recognize two City appointees to the Cable TV Advisory Board, which was dissolved this year. Mick Jurgensen had 17 years of service on this Board, while Deirdre Greundler had served 3 years.
The City cannot operate without volunteers filling roles on vital boards and commissions. To learn more about the different boards and commissions, please visit https://www.marshalltown-ia.gov/27/Government. Vacant positions are posted under City News as they come open.