With buildings closed to the public, the City of Marshalltown is looking at ways to help continue business in the community as efficiently and effectively as possible. As part of the civil emergency, Mayor Joel Greer has ordered that the processing fees for online payments be waived to facilitate more use of the online payment system. The process to remove these fees is not instant but is underway and will be effective starting Monday, March 23rd.
Payments can also be made at two drop-box locations: City Hall, 24 North Center Street and the Police and Fire Building, 909 South 2nd Street. Here are some tips for using the dropboxes:
- Checks are preferred in the dropbox; cash is at your own risk
- All payments should be in an envelope
- If cash, please use exact change only
- Include the invoice, parking ticket, or account number that you are paying
- Provide an email or mailing address if you would like a receipt
- Provide a phone number in case we have any questions
For questions on an invoice number or how much is owed, please contact the Accounts Receivable office at 641-754-5700 or by email at ar@Marshalltown-ia.gov.