On 3-24-19 at approximately 0114 hours, officers were dispatched to a residence regarding a subject who had threatened his family with a firearm. Two of the residents were able to escape the house and call 9-1-1. Two other family members were still inside the house with the armed subject.
Officers arrived on scene and encountered the subject armed with the firearm. The subject refused to comply with the officer's commands. The subject was eventually disarmed and taken into custody.
The subject was identified as Luis Gabriel Guajardo – age 42 of Marshalltown.
Guajardo was arrested and taken to the Marshall County Jail. He was charged with the following:
- Going Armed with Intent – Class D Felony
- Interference with Official Acts – Class D Felony
- Assault with a Deadly Weapon (2 counts) – Aggravated Misdemeanor
- Harassment 1st degree – Aggravated Misdemeanor
- Domestic Abuse with Deadly Weapon – Aggravated Misdemeanor
- Child Endangerment (5 counts) – Aggravated Misdemeanor
(A criminal charge is merely an accusation and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.)