City staff, community members, family and friends joined Mayor Joel Greer and Council Members Susan Cahill, Mike Gowdy, Bill Martin, and Bethany Wirin in City Council Chambers on January 2nd for an official swearing in of the City of Marshalltown's elected officials. Each was elected to a four year term in the November 2017 elections.
- Mayor Joel Greer has served as Second Ward Council member for two terms, and now transitions to the role of Mayor for the next four years.
- First Ward Council Member Susan Cahill was sworn in in November 2017 to fill the remaining term of the vacancy for that position, and has now taken the oath for the next four years of service.
- Third Ward Council Member Mike Gowdy just completed his first four year term on the City Council, and begins his second term today.
- At-Large Council Member Bill Martin also completed his first four year term as a Council Member and starts his second term today.
- At-Large Council Member Bethany Wirin is starting her fourth term of service on the City Council.
For more information about the Mayor and City Council, including meeting information, please click here.