On Friday, November 3, 2023, at 6:56am, the Marshalltown Police Department responded to 911 North Center Street after receiving a burglary in progress complaint. Upon arrival, officers discovered a burglar still on scene. The burglar was in possession of property belonging to the property owner of 911 North Center Street. This person was arrested and was taken to the Marshall County Jail.
Mason Burdette Thomasson, age 32, of Marshalltown has been charged with:
- Burglary 2nd Degree
- Possession of Burglar Tools
- Possession of a Controlled Substance – 3rd Offense
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Interference with Official Acts
- Criminal Mischief 3rd Degree
- Outstanding Arrest Warrant – Criminal Mischief 5th Degree
(A criminal charge is merely an accusation and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.)
For more information, please contact Police Chief Michael Tupper by calling 641.754.5771 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.