On Tuesday, February 1, 2022, at approximately 9:14pm, Marshalltown Police Officers were dispatched to 207 West Grant Street for a male suffering from a gunshot wound. The victim was immediately taken to Unity Point Health by ambulance. Witnesses were able to provide arriving officers with an account of the incident and a description of the suspect. A short time later, officers were able to locate the suspect walking in the area and pursuant to their investigation the suspect was placed under arrest. The weapon used during this incident was also recovered.
The Marshalltown Police Department arrested Dominick Francis Laurie, age 22, of Marshalltown.
Mr. Laurie has been charged with:
- Attempted Murder – Class “B” Felony
- Intimidation with a Dangerous Weapon – Class “C” Felony
- Willful Injury Resulting in Serious Injury – Class “C” Felony
- Reckless Use of a Firearm Resulting in Serious Injury – Class “C” Felony
- Reckless Use of a Firearm Resulting in Property Damage – Aggravated Misdemeanor
Mr. Laurie was taken to the Marshall County Jail. The victim has since been released from Unity Point Health.
(A criminal charge is merely an accusation and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.)
AUTHORITY: Captain Christopher Jones (email@example.com or 641.754.5725)