Park Rental Buildings
Five Enclosed Park Buildings Are Available for Rent:
- Descriptions of each park building, including photos, addresses, hours, capacity, fees, etc.
- Each rental building is handicap accessible.
- Throughout the year, Riverview Park has two buildings available, the Community Building and Reunion Hall
- Seasonally, (May - October) the Log Cabin in Riverview Park is available, with its rustic charm. Modern restrooms are available and located in the parking area. This building has no heat, air conditioning, refrigerator or water.
- Seasonally, (May - October) Anson Park and Kiwanis Park buildings are available. These buildings have no heat, air conditioning or refrigerators. The Anson building has tables, chairs and indoor restrooms. The Kiwanis building has restrooms attached to the building with an outside entrance and picnic tables inside.
- Alcohol is NOT ALLOWED on any park grounds or inside Anson or Kiwanis Park Buildings. To have alcohol inside a Riverview Park rental building requires an ID and prepaid $30 fee from a renter age 21 or older, who will remain present, and enforce all local, state and federal laws.
Park Buildings Information:
- Review Building Use Rules, in English and Spanish
- Buildings cannot be used for ‘personal gain’ (no sales for profit)
- Renters may enter after 10:00 a.m., only on the date(s) on your paid receipt, and exit before 11:00 p.m. - this includes to set-up and clean.
- Beginning January 1, 2023, buildings may be rented through December 31, 2024.
Find Available Building / Date to Rent Online:
- Click: Catalog
- Choose: Building Rental
- Choose: Park – Anson, Kiwanis or Riverview
- Choose: Building – Anson Park Building, Kiwanis Park Building or
Riverview Park Buildings - 1st - Community Building, 2nd - Reunion Hall, and 3rd The Log Cabin.
- Available dates to rent appear on the building calendar in GREEN
--When using a cell phone to search availability in our CivicRec catalog, use the menu in the upper left and change to Desktop Version. Rotating to a widescreen allows a better view to see available calendar dates.
- To reserve a building date, rental fees must be paid and driver's license (or ID #) must be provided.
- Credit/debit card use adds a 3% + $.30 fee. Cash or checks are accepted in the office to avoid card fees.
After renting a building:
- An email receipt will be sent to your provided email address with important details.
- If a change of a reserved building is needed, please contact Parks & Recreation office.
- Receive a key at the Parks & Recreation office by showing your credit/debit card.
- Follow all Building Use Rules to avoid additional fees, and enable future building use.
- Review and follow Building Use Rules to avoid additional fees.
- Rental building name; rental date; rental time; rental payment amount and method of payment.
- Building address, capacity, approximate size and number of tables & chairs and additional building features.
- Change of rental building or date deadline, if needed.
- How & when to receive a key to enter the building.
- Rules to follow to avoid additional charges.
- Park & Rec address, contact information and after hours contact number.
Frequently asked questions:
Where and when may I receive a key?
- Between 8:30 & 4:30, Thursday or Friday before a weekend rental, by showing your current credit or debit card.
What shall I do with trash?
- Provided trash bags must remain inside the trashcans. Take home all garbage that exceed the three provided garbage bags. Leave no trash outside on park grounds.
How many tables and chairs are in this building?
- On your payment receipt you will see Facility Notes. Within the Facility Notes section you will find the building address for your invitations as well as the features of the building, including the approximate number of tables and chairs.
In the Waiver section you will find the rules to follow to avoid additional fees.
What if I need more time to set up the building before my guests arrive? What are my options?
- Consider asking family or friends for help with set up. If available, the building may be rented the day before.
- Use of a building outside the hours of 10 a.m. to 11 p.m., results in additional fees. Renters may request entry earlier than 10 a.m. by pre-paying a $25 fee.
Can I cancel or change my rental after I rent a building?
- Change of date or building requires notice 14-days prior to the scheduled use of the building, and a $20 fee.
- Credit and debit card fees cannot be refunded.
I forget to get a key before the Parks & Recreation office closed. Now what?
- Call (641) 754-5725 to arrange a meeting to pick up a key after office hours. This requires a $25 fee.
Additional questions? Contact (641) 754-5715 or precoffice@Marshalltown-ia.gov.
Marshalltown has a "Tobacco-Free" park policy, which bans all tobacco products in City owned parks and green space. Persons using tobacco products must move off City owned property.
Alcohol is NOT ALLOWED on any park grounds or inside Anson or Kiwanis Park Buildings. To have alcohol inside a Riverview Park rental building requires an ID and prepayment of a $30 fee from a renter age 21 or older, who will remain present, and enforce all local, state and federal laws.