Park Rental Buildings
Five Enclosed Park Buildings Are Available for Rent:
- Descriptions of each park building, including photos, addresses, hours, capacity, fees, etc.
- Each rental building is handicap accessible.
- Throughout the year, Riverview Park has two buildings available, the Community Building and Reunion Hall
- Seasonally, (May - October) the Log Cabin in Riverview Park is available with rustic charm. Modern restrooms are located in the parking area. This building is available without heat, air conditioning, water, refrigerator or water.
- Buildings in Riverview Park permit alcohol for an additional $20 fee. No alcohol is permitted on park grounds or in Anson & Kiwanis Park buildings.
- Seasonally, (May - October) Anson Park and Kiwanis Park buildings are available without heat, air conditioning or refrigerators. The Anson building has tables, chairs and indoor restrooms. The Kiwanis building has restrooms attached to the building with an outside entrance and indoor picnic tables for seating.
Park Buildings Information:
- Review Building Use Rules, in English and Spanish
- Buildings cannot be used for ‘personal gain’ (no sales for profit)
- Use of a building is on the day of paid rental, 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m., which include all set up and cleaning.
- Alcohol is only permitted inside buildings at Riverview Park, for a $20 fee. Possession of alcohol outside a designated building is not permitted or in any park other than Riverview Park.
- Beginning January 1, 2021, buildings may be rented through December 31, 2022.
Find Available Building / Date to Rent Online:
- Click: Catalog
- Choose: Building Rental
- Choose: Park – Anson, Kiwanis or Riverview
- Choose: Building – Anson Park Building, Kiwanis Park Building and
Riverview Park Buildings - (Community Building, Reunion Hall, and Log Cabin).
- Available dates to rent appear on the building calendar in GREEN
- To reserve a building date, rental fees must be paid and driver's license (or ID #) must be provided.
- Credit/debit card use adds a 3% + $.30 fee.
After renting a building:
- A receipt will be sent to the email address provided with important details.
- If a change of a reserved building is needed, please contact Parks & Recreation office.
- Receive a key at the Parks & Recreation office by showing your credit/debit card.
- Follow all Building Use Rules to avoid additional fees, and enable future building use.
- Review and follow Building Use Rules to avoid additional fees.
Rental receipt information:
- Rental building name; rental date; rental time; rental payment amount and method of payment.
- Building address, capacity; size and number of tables & chairs; additional building features.
- How & when to request a change of rental date, cancellation or refund.
- How & when to receive a key to enter the building.
- Building use rules to follow to avoid additional charges.
- Park & Rec address and contact information.
Frequently asked questions:
Where and when may I receive a key?
- Between 8:30 & 4:30, Thursday or Friday before a weekend rental when showing a credit/debit card.
What shall I do with trash?
- Provided trash bags must remain inside the trashcans. Take home all garbage that exceed the provided garbage bags. Leave no trash outside on park grounds.
I am concerned of enough time to set up before my guests arrive. What are my options?
- Consider asking family or friends for help to set up. If available, the building may be rented the day before.
- Use of a building outside use hours, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m., results in additional fees. Entry earlier than 10 a.m. is a $25 fee.
Can I cancel or change my rental after I rent a building?
- Change of date or building requires notice 14-days prior to the scheduled use of the building and a $20 fee.
- Card processing fees cannot be refunded.
I forget to get a key before the Parks & Recreation office closed. Now what?
- Call (641) 754-5725 to arrange to meet for after office hours pick up for a $25 fee.
Additional questions? Contact (641) 754-5715 or precoffice@Marshalltown-ia.gov.
Marshalltown has a "Tobacco-Free" park policy, which bans all tobacco products in City owned parks and green space. Persons using tobacco products must move off City owned property.
Alcohol is only permitted inside rented Riverview Park buildings with a prepaid $20 fee. Alcohol Rules and Regulations.