Marshalltown Municipal Transit
Services provided by the Marshalltown Municipal Transit Division include:
- Relay Iowa - call 711 or 1-800-735-2942 for assistance. We provide fixed-route and demand/response public transportation. It provides assistance for persons with hearing impairments in making telephone calls.
- Accessibility for disabled and elderly persons is available. All buses are equipped with a ramp or lift for wheelchairs and mobility devices.
- Paratransit Service provides origin-to-destination service for those individuals unable to access the regular fixed route. Please contact the MMT office or Region 6 Planning Commission for further details. Paratransit Service operates from 7:20 a.m. until 6 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- Premium Paratransit Service provides same day service and service to those living beyond 3/4 mile from the fixed route. Premium service is priced somewhat higher than regular Paratransit Service. Applications for ADA services, Paratransit services, or Personal Care Attendant are available on the MMT Resources page.
- Regular Fixed-route Service begins at 7:20 a.m., and ends at 6 p.m., Monday to Friday. MMT has five basic routes that cover most of the city: Blue, Green, Red, Orange and Purple.
- Transfers - If your trip requires a transfer from one route to another, just tell the driver. Transfers are made at the Community Center.
NEW / UPDATED ROUTE SCHEDULES
- Routes have been updated effective August 21, 2023. - See schedules at right.
Information You Should Know
- The bus stops at any corner along the route
- Arrive at the bus stop a minute or two ahead of the scheduled time
- Please have the correct change. Drivers do not carry cash.
- New Year's Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- The Friday after Thanksgiving Day